Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Fri April 5, 2013
Reactor Restart Could Take Weeks At Arkansas Plant
Entergy Corp. says it will take several weeks to restart a reactor at Arkansas Nuclear One after it was knocked offline during an industrial accident that killed one worker.
Unit 2 has been offline since Sunday's accident that killed 24-year-old Wade Walters, who died when a 550-ton piece of equipment fell on top of him.
The accident, which injured eight other workers, happened in an area away from the plant's reactors.
The nuclear plant's two reactors are now in stable shutdown condition.
Walters was working for the contractor Precision Surveillance Corp., at the time of his death.
The company tells The Courier (http://is.gd/JKyafQ) that Walters had been employed with the company since February.
Power Plant Accident