Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Local & Regional News
Tue November 5, 2013
Red Cross Closing Emergency Shelter After Tornado Struck NE Arkansas
The American Red Cross has closed an emergency shelter in Caraway that was opened following a Halloween night tornado.
Authorities say there were no injuries or deaths as a result of the tornado that was rated an EF1 with winds between 86 mph and 110 mph.
Mobile units from the Northeast Arkansas Chapter of the Red Cross in Jonesboro and emergency trucks from the Mid-South Chapter in Memphis, Tenn., and the Southeast Missouri Chapter in Cape Girardeau, Mo., were sent to the town.
The Red Cross says about 3,250 meals and about 2,230 snacks were provided to residents and emergency crews during the response and cleanup.