Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
Local & Regional News
Tue November 5, 2013
Red Cross Closing Emergency Shelter After Tornado Struck NE Arkansas
The American Red Cross has closed an emergency shelter in Caraway that was opened following a Halloween night tornado.
Authorities say there were no injuries or deaths as a result of the tornado that was rated an EF1 with winds between 86 mph and 110 mph.
Mobile units from the Northeast Arkansas Chapter of the Red Cross in Jonesboro and emergency trucks from the Mid-South Chapter in Memphis, Tenn., and the Southeast Missouri Chapter in Cape Girardeau, Mo., were sent to the town.
The Red Cross says about 3,250 meals and about 2,230 snacks were provided to residents and emergency crews during the response and cleanup.