Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
Thanksgiving Special Programming
Wed November 20, 2013
Rising Seas With Host Alex Chadwick, From BURN: An Energy Journal
While all coastal cities face real trouble, the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development says Miami is the most vulnerable in its assessment of threats to 50 major cities worldwide. Parts of Miami will be permanently flooded in as few as 15 years.
BURN host Alex Chadwick talks with people deeply involved in the issues of how and when sea-level rise will begin to inundate Miami, as well as the reasons why waters are rising so quickly along the Atlantic seaboard of North America. To get firsthand reports on the rapidly melting ice sheets of Greenland (a significant cause of sea-level rise), BURN sends Neal Conan, former NPR host and reporter, with Gretel Ehrlich, longtime Greenland explorer and writer, to Greenland to meet with leading researchers.
KUAR will air Rising Seas, an installment in the BURN series from American Public Media and SoundVision Productions at 3 p.m. Thurs., Nov. 28, and again at 9 p.m., Fri., Nov. 29.