Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Ross Run For Governor?
Mon March 18, 2013
Ross Looking At Arkansas Governor's Race
Former U.S. Representative Mike Ross says he's considering seeking the Democratic gubernatorial nomination in Arkansas next year.
Ross told The Associated Press on Saturday that he's taking another look at running for the state's top office after Attorney General Dustin McDaniel, a Democrat, dropped out of the race earlier this year.
Ross last year announced that he wouldn't seek the party's nomination for governor. Ross said he's been humbled by supporters approaching him about a possible run after McDaniel dropped out over questions about an admitted extramarital relationship. Ross said he hoped to decide soon whether to join the race.
Former Lieutenant Governor Bill Halter is the only announced Democratic candidate for governor. Former Congressman Asa Hutchinson and Little Rock businessman Curtis Coleman are seeking the GOP nomination.