Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Ross Run For Governor?
Mon March 18, 2013
Ross Looking At Arkansas Governor's Race
Former U.S. Representative Mike Ross says he's considering seeking the Democratic gubernatorial nomination in Arkansas next year.
Ross told The Associated Press on Saturday that he's taking another look at running for the state's top office after Attorney General Dustin McDaniel, a Democrat, dropped out of the race earlier this year.
Ross last year announced that he wouldn't seek the party's nomination for governor. Ross said he's been humbled by supporters approaching him about a possible run after McDaniel dropped out over questions about an admitted extramarital relationship. Ross said he hoped to decide soon whether to join the race.
Former Lieutenant Governor Bill Halter is the only announced Democratic candidate for governor. Former Congressman Asa Hutchinson and Little Rock businessman Curtis Coleman are seeking the GOP nomination.