Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Ross Run For Governor?
Mon March 18, 2013
Ross Looking At Arkansas Governor's Race
Former U.S. Representative Mike Ross says he's considering seeking the Democratic gubernatorial nomination in Arkansas next year.
Ross told The Associated Press on Saturday that he's taking another look at running for the state's top office after Attorney General Dustin McDaniel, a Democrat, dropped out of the race earlier this year.
Ross last year announced that he wouldn't seek the party's nomination for governor. Ross said he's been humbled by supporters approaching him about a possible run after McDaniel dropped out over questions about an admitted extramarital relationship. Ross said he hoped to decide soon whether to join the race.
Former Lieutenant Governor Bill Halter is the only announced Democratic candidate for governor. Former Congressman Asa Hutchinson and Little Rock businessman Curtis Coleman are seeking the GOP nomination.