Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- What Survey Finds About The Economics Of Race In Pulaski County
Local & Regional News
Fri August 16, 2013
Ross To Speak To Political Animals Club
Former U.S. Rep. Mike Ross is speaking to the Political Animals Club about his bid for Arkansas governor.
Ross on Friday was scheduled to speak to the group at a breakfast meeting at the Little Rock Club.
The speech is the third in a series of breakfasts the group is having with gubernatorial candidates.
Ross became the sole Democratic candidate for governor last month when former Lt. Gov. Bill Halter dropped his bid for the party's nomination. Ross announced he was running for governor in April.
Former U.S. Rep. Asa Hutchinson, Little Rock businessman Curtis Coleman and state Rep. Debra Hobbs are seeking the Republican nomination.
Democratic Gov. Mike Beebe is term limited and can't seek re-election next year.