Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
Local & Regional News
Sun January 19, 2014
SAU Magnolia Horse Thief Sentencing Date
A sentencing date has been set in Arkansas for the Oklahoma woman responsible for the theft of five horses from the Southern Arkansas University rodeo team stables in Magnolia last year.
21 year old Jaci Rae Jackson is to be sentenced in Columbia County Circuit Court on February 6th.
Prosecutors say she faces up to 30 years in prison in Arkansas and up to 25 years in Oklahoma.
Jackson pleaded guilty in Arkansas to conspiracy to commit theft of property. She pleaded guilty in Oklahoma to conspiracy, bringing stolen property across state lines, concealing stolen property and cruelty to animals.
Four of the horses were found malnourished and the fifth was found dead.