Most Active Stories
- Documentary On Glen Campbell To Get Advance Screening In LR
- Arkansas Legislature Easily Passes School Employee Health Insurance, Prison, & Lottery Changes
- As Ballot Deadline Nears, Medical Marijuana Comes Up Short, Minimum Wage Says They're Ready
- KUAR Airs Special July 4 Weekend Programming
- Ceremony To Begin Renovations To Little Rock's Robinson Center Music Hall
Local & Regional News
Sun January 19, 2014
SAU Magnolia Horse Thief Sentencing Date
A sentencing date has been set in Arkansas for the Oklahoma woman responsible for the theft of five horses from the Southern Arkansas University rodeo team stables in Magnolia last year.
21 year old Jaci Rae Jackson is to be sentenced in Columbia County Circuit Court on February 6th.
Prosecutors say she faces up to 30 years in prison in Arkansas and up to 25 years in Oklahoma.
Jackson pleaded guilty in Arkansas to conspiracy to commit theft of property. She pleaded guilty in Oklahoma to conspiracy, bringing stolen property across state lines, concealing stolen property and cruelty to animals.
Four of the horses were found malnourished and the fifth was found dead.