Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Sun January 19, 2014
SAU Magnolia Horse Thief Sentencing Date
A sentencing date has been set in Arkansas for the Oklahoma woman responsible for the theft of five horses from the Southern Arkansas University rodeo team stables in Magnolia last year.
21 year old Jaci Rae Jackson is to be sentenced in Columbia County Circuit Court on February 6th.
Prosecutors say she faces up to 30 years in prison in Arkansas and up to 25 years in Oklahoma.
Jackson pleaded guilty in Arkansas to conspiracy to commit theft of property. She pleaded guilty in Oklahoma to conspiracy, bringing stolen property across state lines, concealing stolen property and cruelty to animals.
Four of the horses were found malnourished and the fifth was found dead.