Most Active Stories
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Old State House To Screen "A Face in the Crowd" - 1957 Movie Shot in Piggott, Ark.
- Defense To Begin Presenting Its Side In Martha Shoffner Trial
Local & Regional News
Sun January 19, 2014
SAU Magnolia Horse Thief Sentencing Date
A sentencing date has been set in Arkansas for the Oklahoma woman responsible for the theft of five horses from the Southern Arkansas University rodeo team stables in Magnolia last year.
21 year old Jaci Rae Jackson is to be sentenced in Columbia County Circuit Court on February 6th.
Prosecutors say she faces up to 30 years in prison in Arkansas and up to 25 years in Oklahoma.
Jackson pleaded guilty in Arkansas to conspiracy to commit theft of property. She pleaded guilty in Oklahoma to conspiracy, bringing stolen property across state lines, concealing stolen property and cruelty to animals.
Four of the horses were found malnourished and the fifth was found dead.