Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Supreme Court Clears Way For Alcohol Ballot Measure
- Poll On Arkansas Ballot Issues Shows Mixed Results
- Event Celebrates Life Of Poet & Author Maya Angelou In SW Arkansas
- National Analysts Weigh In On Arkansas Governor And Senate Races
- Federal Judge Sets Hearing On Arkansas Same-Sex Marriage Case
Arts & Letters
Sun June 15, 2014
In Search Of Lost Fathers
On this episode of Arts & Letters, we’ll be looking for lost fathers and their impact by way of memoir—a word originated from memorie, which means to be kept in mind.
Our first memoir will take us from Virginia Beach to New Orleans, where a son pieces together the reasons his alcoholic father left his family and this son reconstructs his father's life in order to give the “true” story to his own sons.
In the second half-hour, our second memoir will take us from Crossett, Arkansas to Oxford, England and back to Little Rock, as a son meets his birth father for the first time on his father's deathbed.