Most Active Stories
- 'Flying Doughnuts': Airbus Files Patent For A New Kind Of Plane
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- Courts Hear Arguments On Arkansas Gay Marriage Case
- In Advance Of Hearings On Same-Sex Marriage, Rally Held At Capitol
- Report Shows Dire Need For More Pre-K Funding In Arkansas
Arts & Letters
Sun June 15, 2014
In Search Of Lost Fathers
On this episode of Arts & Letters, we’ll be looking for lost fathers and their impact by way of memoir—a word originated from memorie, which means to be kept in mind.
Our first memoir will take us from Virginia Beach to New Orleans, where a son pieces together the reasons his alcoholic father left his family and this son reconstructs his father's life in order to give the “true” story to his own sons.
In the second half-hour, our second memoir will take us from Crossett, Arkansas to Oxford, England and back to Little Rock, as a son meets his birth father for the first time on his father's deathbed.