Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Thu March 14, 2013
Sen. Mark Pryor To Begin Re-election Campaign With Fundraisers in LR
Sen. Mark Pryor, the sole Democrat remaining in Arkansas' congressional delegation, is bringing in the big guns as he formally kicks off his re-election campaign this weekend.
Former President Bill Clinton is among those expected at fundraisers Saturday evening in Little Rock.
Three events are planned. A dinner at the Peabody Hotel, a cocktail reception at the Statehouse Convention Center and what’s being called an Arkansas Celebration, also at the Statehouse.
Governor Mike Beebe and former Senators David Pryor and Dale Bumpers are also expected.
Tickets range from $250 to $2,500 per person.
Pryor is expected to face a tough re-election campaign next year, with one conservative group already running television ads aligning him with President Obama, who remains extremely unpopular in Arkansas.