Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Tue May 7, 2013
With Senate Approval, Delaware Poised To Allow Gay Marriage
Originally published on Wed May 8, 2013 1:13 pm
The Delaware Senate passed a bill that would legalize same-sex marriages. Gov. Jack Markell said he would sign the bill, which means that the state is poised to become the 11th in the country to allow gay marriages.
The vote comes less than a week after Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee signed a similar measure into law.
Delawareonline.com reports that the bill passed 12-9, "receiving two more votes than were required for passage."