Most Active Stories
- Documentary On Glen Campbell To Get Advance Screening In LR
- Watch Now: Candidates For Statewide Office Appear in Hot Springs
- Arkansas Legislature Easily Passes School Employee Health Insurance, Prison, & Lottery Changes
- As Ballot Deadline Nears, Medical Marijuana Comes Up Short, Minimum Wage Says They're Ready
- All Four Gubernatorial Candidates Debate in Hot Springs
Wed April 3, 2013
Senator Dismang Says Lawmakers Will Be Asking Questions About His Bill To Expand Coverage
Lawmakers are meeting Wednesday afternoon to discuss bill to expand private health insurance coverage for people with income 138 % below the Federal Property Level.
Senator Jonathan Dismang, (Rep) from Beebe is the sponsor for one bill to expand coverage.
"There's a lot of discussion that individuals want to have about the actuarial study that was released last week. So my understanding is we're trying to simplified those spread sheets so it's more understandable and the folks from DHS will be on hand to help answer questions,” said Dismang.
He says lawmakers will be asking a lot of questions.