Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Mon July 22, 2013
Septuagenarian Superhero? Man Lifts Car Off Son-In-Law
Originally published on Mon July 22, 2013 6:30 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene with a tale of neither a bird nor a plane. Cecil Stuckless was fixing a Jeep in Salvage, Newfoundland with his son-in-law, who was working under the car. Stuckless told the CBC he was getting a tool when the car suddenly fell. He summoned all his strength and lifted the Jeep just enough to save his son-in-law. Impressive for anybody, let alone a 72-year-old.
Asked if he was Superman, Cecil said: No, I'm not super. I just did what I could.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.