Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Notes on Music
Wed July 24, 2013
Sex And The Symphony
Effective marketing in classical music cannot be discounted, especially for the female musician.
The idea that “sex sells” is ever present, as in popular music, with violinist Nicola Benedetti and trumpeter Alison Balsom being two of those marketed in a way which accents their feminism.
Indeed, Balsom has been referred to as the “trumpet strumpet’, but both women are laughing all the way to the bank.