Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- What Survey Finds About The Economics Of Race In Pulaski County
Notes on Music
Wed July 24, 2013
Sex And The Symphony
Effective marketing in classical music cannot be discounted, especially for the female musician.
The idea that “sex sells” is ever present, as in popular music, with violinist Nicola Benedetti and trumpeter Alison Balsom being two of those marketed in a way which accents their feminism.
Indeed, Balsom has been referred to as the “trumpet strumpet’, but both women are laughing all the way to the bank.