Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Mon July 1, 2013
Sheriff: Siblings Drown On Greers Ferry Lake
Authorities say a brother and sister drowned while swimming in Greers Ferry Lake over the weekend.
The Cleburne County Sheriff's Office says 26-year-old Chetana Armbya was swimming with her 33-year-old brother, Narain Armbya on Saturday when the accident occurred.
The sheriff's office says Chetana Armbya was struggling in the water and her brother swam out to her to help. Authorities say both disappeared from view before they could reach their nearby pontoon.
Crews are still searching for their bodies. Authorities from Pulaski, Johnson and Franklin counties are assisting with the search, along with Arkansas Game and Fish officers and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.