Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Local & Regional News
Mon July 1, 2013
Sheriff: Siblings Drown On Greers Ferry Lake
Authorities say a brother and sister drowned while swimming in Greers Ferry Lake over the weekend.
The Cleburne County Sheriff's Office says 26-year-old Chetana Armbya was swimming with her 33-year-old brother, Narain Armbya on Saturday when the accident occurred.
The sheriff's office says Chetana Armbya was struggling in the water and her brother swam out to her to help. Authorities say both disappeared from view before they could reach their nearby pontoon.
Crews are still searching for their bodies. Authorities from Pulaski, Johnson and Franklin counties are assisting with the search, along with Arkansas Game and Fish officers and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.