Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Wed November 6, 2013
Six WWII Veterans In Arkansas To Get French Honor
Six World War II veterans in Arkansas are to be given a high honor by the French government.
The French consul general from Houston is to take part in a ceremony at the Capitol on Wednesday to present the veterans with the Legion of Honor. The event is set for 1:30 p.m.
On Thursday, the group will enjoy a French meal at the new culinary school at Pulaski Technical College. The Legion of Honor is the highest award that France presents.