Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Wed November 6, 2013
Six WWII Veterans In Arkansas To Get French Honor
Six World War II veterans in Arkansas are to be given a high honor by the French government.
The French consul general from Houston is to take part in a ceremony at the Capitol on Wednesday to present the veterans with the Legion of Honor. The event is set for 1:30 p.m.
On Thursday, the group will enjoy a French meal at the new culinary school at Pulaski Technical College. The Legion of Honor is the highest award that France presents.