Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
2014 Governor Race
Mon May 13, 2013
State Rep. Debra Hobbs Running For Arkansas Governor
Rep. Debra Hobbs says she's seeking the Republican nomination for Arkansas governor next year.
The third-term lawmaker from Rogers on Monday said she'll formally launch her bid for the state's top office after June 17, but said she's already decided to run. Hobbs is the third Republican to announce a bid for governor next year.
Hobbs has served in the state House since 2009 and hasn't faced a primary or general election opponent for her seat. Hobbs said she hoped to initially raise at least $500,000 for her bid.
Former Congressman Asa Hutchinson and Little Rock businessman Curtis Coleman are also seeking the Republican gubernatorial nomination. Republican House Speaker Davy Carter is also considering running.
Former Congressman Mike Ross and former Lt. Gov. Bill Halter are seeking the Democratic nomination.