By the end of 2015 baby boomers will reach ages 51 to 69. It is expected that their higher than average rate of suicides will continue as they age.
- Warning signs of suicide include:
- Appearing depressed or sad most of the time.
- Talking or writing about death or suicide.
- Withdrawing from family, friends, or activities.
- Feeling hopeless or helpless.
- Feeling strong anger or rage.
- Abusing drugs or alcohol.
- Changes in sleeping or eating.
- Poor work or school performance.
Any one of these may or may not indicate suicidal risk. In some combination they may indicate that help is needed. If you struggle with these symptoms, talk to your medical professional.