Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Mon April 8, 2013
Thunderstorms And Heavy Rain Are Expected Tomorrow Night
Heavy rain and thunderstorms are expected beginning late Tuesday night through Thursday, as the National Weather Service predicts a line of storms moving through the state.
Meteorologist Julie Lesko said eastern parts of Arkansas will see stronger and more damaging winds.
“We can expect with the system a line of showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could be strong and severe but we’re not looking at any sort of major outbreak of severe weather. Real story will be heavy rain associated with this line,” said Lesko. “A lot of places could see around 2 -3 inches of rain. Some flash flooding may be a concern as well as maybe some minor river flooding.”
Lesko said temperatures will be in the 40s and 50s on Thursday and Friday and finally warmer temperatures in the 70s are expected by Saturday.