Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Thu May 2, 2013
Toad Suck Daze Opens This Weekend; Proceeds Go Toward College Scholarships And Pre-K Program
The annual Toad Suck Daze festival will be open on Friday in Central Arkansas.
Organizers say each year there are over 160,000 people attending the event in Conway.
Event Director, Mary Margaret Satterfield, said the festival is fun and beneficial.
“The proceeds from the festival do support education. So we do that in college scholarships and also starting last year and we’ll continue to this year helping to fund Lifelong Learners which is a pre-K program. When you come up to Toad suck daze and you buy your t-shirts, you buy food, or ride a ride, your helping education as well,” said Satterfield.
Satterfield said the 3-day event will feature activities for kids, competitions, and live music.
Click here to learn more about the history and the schedule of the event.