Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Thu May 2, 2013
Toad Suck Daze Opens This Weekend; Proceeds Go Toward College Scholarships And Pre-K Program
The annual Toad Suck Daze festival will be open on Friday in Central Arkansas.
Organizers say each year there are over 160,000 people attending the event in Conway.
Event Director, Mary Margaret Satterfield, said the festival is fun and beneficial.
“The proceeds from the festival do support education. So we do that in college scholarships and also starting last year and we’ll continue to this year helping to fund Lifelong Learners which is a pre-K program. When you come up to Toad suck daze and you buy your t-shirts, you buy food, or ride a ride, your helping education as well,” said Satterfield.
Satterfield said the 3-day event will feature activities for kids, competitions, and live music.
Click here to learn more about the history and the schedule of the event.