Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Local & Regional News
Thu April 3, 2014
Tonadoes Possible As Severe Weather Develops
The Storm Prediction Center says a line of storms near the western Ozarks could develop tornadoes.
A tornado watch was in effect Thursday afternoon for western Arkansas, western Missouri and eastern Oklahoma.
A line of storms had developed, and forecasters said any thunderstorm that evolve by themselves should be watched for a possible tornado.
According to the severe storms forecasters, the atmosphere is ripe for weather to worsen away from the line of thunderstorms.
There is sufficient wind shear for strong storms and there is a potential for large hail and damaging winds, forecasters say.