Most Active Stories
- Hundreds Turn Out For Dedication Of Johnny Cash Boyhood Home
- Attorney General Candidate Nate Steel Distinguishes Himself From Opponents
- Report Claims Arkansas Natural Gas Wells Illegally Fracking With Diesel Fuel
- Johnny Cash's Boyhood Home In Arkansas To Open This Weekend
- 'Game-Changing' Initiative Could Drastically Cut Water Usage For Farming
Local & Regional News
Thu April 3, 2014
Tonadoes Possible As Severe Weather Develops
The Storm Prediction Center says a line of storms near the western Ozarks could develop tornadoes.
A tornado watch was in effect Thursday afternoon for western Arkansas, western Missouri and eastern Oklahoma.
A line of storms had developed, and forecasters said any thunderstorm that evolve by themselves should be watched for a possible tornado.
According to the severe storms forecasters, the atmosphere is ripe for weather to worsen away from the line of thunderstorms.
There is sufficient wind shear for strong storms and there is a potential for large hail and damaging winds, forecasters say.