Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
Local & Regional News
Sat February 8, 2014
Two Jump From Bridge During Snow-Gridlock
Arkansas State Police say two people jumped into the Little Red River around 2 a.m. Saturday to avoid being hit during an accident and that one remains missing.
Spokesman Bill Sadler said troopers and emergency workers were searching downstream from an icy Interstate 30 bridge near Fulton in southwest Arkansas. He said three people were outside of their vehicles after an earlier crash and that a cargo truck jack-knifed and slid toward them.
Two people jumped into the water but only one was immediately recovered.
The bridge has reopened after being closed briefly. Elsewhere during the Friday night and Saturday morning snowstorm, traffic was briefly at a standstill in several stretches of interstate highways in central Arkansas, with one traffic jam extending 10 miles.