Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Sat February 8, 2014
Two Jump From Bridge During Snow-Gridlock
Arkansas State Police say two people jumped into the Little Red River around 2 a.m. Saturday to avoid being hit during an accident and that one remains missing.
Spokesman Bill Sadler said troopers and emergency workers were searching downstream from an icy Interstate 30 bridge near Fulton in southwest Arkansas. He said three people were outside of their vehicles after an earlier crash and that a cargo truck jack-knifed and slid toward them.
Two people jumped into the water but only one was immediately recovered.
The bridge has reopened after being closed briefly. Elsewhere during the Friday night and Saturday morning snowstorm, traffic was briefly at a standstill in several stretches of interstate highways in central Arkansas, with one traffic jam extending 10 miles.