Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
Local & Regional News
Thu June 27, 2013
Two Killed In Fort Smith By Man Wielding Machete
A man with a machete hacked two people to death in western Arkansas and police arrested the suspect at his mother's home.
The Southwest Times Record reports the victims were outside a Fort Smith home when the suspect, 20-year-old Gregory Aaron Kinsey of Fort Smith, walked by and exchanged words with the men.
Witnesses told police the men confronted Kinsey, who attacked them with the machete.
Police have identified the victims as 32-year-old Nathan Young and 39-year-old Brandon Prince.
A witness was familiar with the suspect and told police he might be found at his mother's house.
Police found Kinsey and a weapon believed to be used in the attack. Investigators didn't indicate a prior connection between the victims and Kinsey.
It's unknown if Kinsey has a lawyer.