Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Local & Regional News
Thu June 27, 2013
Two Killed In Fort Smith By Man Wielding Machete
A man with a machete hacked two people to death in western Arkansas and police arrested the suspect at his mother's home.
The Southwest Times Record reports the victims were outside a Fort Smith home when the suspect, 20-year-old Gregory Aaron Kinsey of Fort Smith, walked by and exchanged words with the men.
Witnesses told police the men confronted Kinsey, who attacked them with the machete.
Police have identified the victims as 32-year-old Nathan Young and 39-year-old Brandon Prince.
A witness was familiar with the suspect and told police he might be found at his mother's house.
Police found Kinsey and a weapon believed to be used in the attack. Investigators didn't indicate a prior connection between the victims and Kinsey.
It's unknown if Kinsey has a lawyer.