Most Active Stories
- Frank Lloyd Wright House Being Reassembled In NW Arkansas After Move
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- Three Accused Of Defrauding Arkansas Food Program For The Poor
- Attorney General-elect Rutledge Pleased Outgoing A.G. Appealing Same-Sex Marriage Ruling
- Daniel Black, Arkansas Author
Local & Regional News
Thu June 27, 2013
Two Killed In Fort Smith By Man Wielding Machete
A man with a machete hacked two people to death in western Arkansas and police arrested the suspect at his mother's home.
The Southwest Times Record reports the victims were outside a Fort Smith home when the suspect, 20-year-old Gregory Aaron Kinsey of Fort Smith, walked by and exchanged words with the men.
Witnesses told police the men confronted Kinsey, who attacked them with the machete.
Police have identified the victims as 32-year-old Nathan Young and 39-year-old Brandon Prince.
A witness was familiar with the suspect and told police he might be found at his mother's house.
Police found Kinsey and a weapon believed to be used in the attack. Investigators didn't indicate a prior connection between the victims and Kinsey.
It's unknown if Kinsey has a lawyer.