Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Mon January 20, 2014
Tyson Foods Acquires Michigan Company, Bosco's Pizza
Tyson Foods, one of the world's largest meat-processing companies, says it's acquired the assets of Bosco's Pizza of Warren, Michigan. Bosco's produces a variety of stuffed bread sticks and frozen pizzas for food service and retail customers throughout the Midwest and at some national retailers. Tyson officials say the acquisition is part of the Springdale company's plan to grow its domestic prepared foods business. Bosco's employs about 150 people, all of whom are expected to work for Tyson. The company will become part of Tyson Foods' Prepared Foods division but continue to operate under the Bosco's Pizza Co. name.