Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Mon May 13, 2013
UA Board Of Trustees To Vote On Tuition Increases
A University of Arkansas Board of Trustees committee is meeting this week to review proposed tuition and fee increases at its campuses across the state.
The Fiscal Affairs Committee meeting begins at 1 p.m. Tuesday in Little Rock.
Institutions that have proposed tuition and fee increases exceeding 3.5 percent have been asked to appear. They include the University of Arkansas-Little Rock; UA-Fort Smith; UA-Monticello; and UA-Pine Bluff. The proposed increases range from 4.9 percent at UALR and UAPB and 5.4 percent at UAM to 10 percent at UAFS.
UA's flagship campus at Fayetteville has proposed a 3.5 percent increase that would raise tuition and fees there to $7,818 for the 2013-2014 school year.