Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Mon June 3, 2013
UALR To Make Economic Development Announcement
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is set to make a major economic development and higher education announcement.
Gov. Mike Beebe and UALR Chancellor Joel Anderson plan to make an announcement Monday about a new center that will be funded by the George W. Donaghey Foundation.
The center will be headed by Mary Good, UALR's special adviser to the chancellor for economic development. The university says the new center will be a "game changer."
The announcement is set for 10:30 a.m. Monday at UALR's College of Engineering and Information Technology building.