Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Mon June 3, 2013
UALR To Make Economic Development Announcement
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is set to make a major economic development and higher education announcement.
Gov. Mike Beebe and UALR Chancellor Joel Anderson plan to make an announcement Monday about a new center that will be funded by the George W. Donaghey Foundation.
The center will be headed by Mary Good, UALR's special adviser to the chancellor for economic development. The university says the new center will be a "game changer."
The announcement is set for 10:30 a.m. Monday at UALR's College of Engineering and Information Technology building.