Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- What Survey Finds About The Economics Of Race In Pulaski County
Local & Regional News
Fri June 7, 2013
UAMS Honors New Physician Assistants
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is sending off its first class from its new physician assistant program.
The medical school is holding a 3 p.m. ceremony Friday in which the 26 students will get their white coats.
By receiving the white coats, students will mark their entry into being health care professionals.
Physician assistants conduct physical exams, order tests and diagnose medical conditions. They also write prescriptions and manage acute illness and chronic disease under a supervising physician.