Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Local & Regional News
Fri June 7, 2013
UAMS Honors New Physician Assistants
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is sending off its first class from its new physician assistant program.
The medical school is holding a 3 p.m. ceremony Friday in which the 26 students will get their white coats.
By receiving the white coats, students will mark their entry into being health care professionals.
Physician assistants conduct physical exams, order tests and diagnose medical conditions. They also write prescriptions and manage acute illness and chronic disease under a supervising physician.