Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Fri June 7, 2013
UAMS Honors New Physician Assistants
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is sending off its first class from its new physician assistant program.
The medical school is holding a 3 p.m. ceremony Friday in which the 26 students will get their white coats.
By receiving the white coats, students will mark their entry into being health care professionals.
Physician assistants conduct physical exams, order tests and diagnose medical conditions. They also write prescriptions and manage acute illness and chronic disease under a supervising physician.