Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Fri June 7, 2013
UAMS Honors New Physician Assistants
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is sending off its first class from its new physician assistant program.
The medical school is holding a 3 p.m. ceremony Friday in which the 26 students will get their white coats.
By receiving the white coats, students will mark their entry into being health care professionals.
Physician assistants conduct physical exams, order tests and diagnose medical conditions. They also write prescriptions and manage acute illness and chronic disease under a supervising physician.