Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Fri June 7, 2013
UAMS Honors New Physician Assistants
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is sending off its first class from its new physician assistant program.
The medical school is holding a 3 p.m. ceremony Friday in which the 26 students will get their white coats.
By receiving the white coats, students will mark their entry into being health care professionals.
Physician assistants conduct physical exams, order tests and diagnose medical conditions. They also write prescriptions and manage acute illness and chronic disease under a supervising physician.