Most Active Stories
- The New Year Brings Changes To KUAR’s Night And Weekend Programming
- Lawsuit Filed Against Arkansas Funeral Home And Owner
- UA's Online-Only University's First Employees Start Work
- Gov. Hutchinson: Keep Private Option Through 2016, Study Alternatives
- Bill Filed In Arkansas To End Dual Observance Of Robert E. Lee & MLK Day
Local & Regional News
Mon July 14, 2014
UAMS Names Clinic After Delta Dental
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences has announced their oral health clinic plans to begin hosting dental residents. UAMS unveiled a new name for the clinic, now to be called the Delta Dental of Arkansas Foundation Oral Health Care. Dr. William Slagle is Director at UAMS’ Center for Dental Education. He says the clinic’s new name honors a charitable pledge.
“We’re really recognizing Delta Dental of Arkansas Foundation for their 2 million-dollar gift for renovation and equipment in our center for dental education,” he says.
The UAMS Center for Dental Education was established in 2012. Dentistry students from the University of Tennessee will begin a short-term residency program at UAMS’s new center in the fall.