Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Mon November 11, 2013
Veterans And Families Gather At Arkansas Memorial Events
People who served in the military are being honored at Veterans Day events around Arkansas.
In Little Rock on Monday, Gov. Mike Beebe singled out Vietnam veterans, who in some cases drew a hostile response upon their return from the war.
The governor said it's important to give Vietnam-era veterans the honors they didn't receive when they got home.
In the invocation, Chaplain Jack Ryan noted veterans are beset by problems ranging from traumatic stress to survivors' guilt.
About 200 people heard the governor say that people should express their gratitude to veterans for fighting for the nation's freedoms.
The event in Little Rock was at the downtown River Market because the Capitol Rotunda is being renovated.