Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Fri February 21, 2014
Vigil Set To Honor Little Rock Teen Killed In Shooting
A vigil is planned at a Little Rock high school to honor a 15-year-old girl fatally shot after a group of teens vandalized a car.
The vigil for Adrian Broadway is set for 4 p.m. Friday at McClellan High School, where she was a freshman.
Police say 48-year-old Willie Noble opened fire on a group of teenagers that he believed vandalized his car. Broadway was struck by gunfire and died at a Little Rock hospital.
Police say Noble told investigators that he only wanted to scare the teens, not harm anyone. He's being held in the Pulaski County jail on suspicion of first-degree murder.
McClellan principal Henry Anderson says Broadway was a "bright, kind-hearted and precocious young woman with immense potential." Her funeral is set for Saturday in Little Rock.