Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
Local & Regional News
Fri February 21, 2014
Vigil Set To Honor Little Rock Teen Killed In Shooting
A vigil is planned at a Little Rock high school to honor a 15-year-old girl fatally shot after a group of teens vandalized a car.
The vigil for Adrian Broadway is set for 4 p.m. Friday at McClellan High School, where she was a freshman.
Police say 48-year-old Willie Noble opened fire on a group of teenagers that he believed vandalized his car. Broadway was struck by gunfire and died at a Little Rock hospital.
Police say Noble told investigators that he only wanted to scare the teens, not harm anyone. He's being held in the Pulaski County jail on suspicion of first-degree murder.
McClellan principal Henry Anderson says Broadway was a "bright, kind-hearted and precocious young woman with immense potential." Her funeral is set for Saturday in Little Rock.