Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Local & Regional News
Sat March 9, 2013
This Weekend: Used Book Sale in Little Rock
This weekend, readers of all levels will convene at the Friends of Central Arkansas Libraries used book sale in the Main Library basement in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Shelves will be filled with books of every genre and the prices are 50 cents for paperback books and a dollar for hardback books.
The sale is open to the public from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and 1 to 4 p.m. on Sunday.
The book store, operated by the Central Arkansas Library System (CALS), is the largest used book store in the area, with a generous selection of books on three floors.
Funds from the book sale help CALS provide programs at branches and book club kits, as well as Summer Reading Club and special Saturday programming for children at the Main Library.