Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Mon June 30, 2014
Why Did France Swing To The Right?
In France, the far right Front National party, under its leader Marine Le Pen, finished on top in the recent European elections. The French prime minister called it a political earthquake, with the ruling Socialist Party pushed into third place. So why did it happen?
The BBC’s Christian Fraser traveled into the French countryside to find out why voters have turned against their main parties.
- Christian Fraser, Paris correspondent for the BBC. He tweets @ForeignCorresp.