Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Fri January 24, 2014
Wildfire Danger For Arkansas Elevated To 'High'
The Arkansas Forestry Commission has elevated the risk of wildfires to "high" for the entire state.
Burn bans are in place Friday for almost all of northwest and north-central Arkansas, with dozens of counties banning outdoor burning.
A red flag warning is in effect for a number of northern counties, including those north of a line from Fayetteville to Russellville to Batesville.
The National Weather Service says the region is experiencing strong and gusty winds of up to 35 mph, along with low humidity values of 15 to 25 percent.
Forecasters warn that the dry vegetation and windy weather will combine to create dangerous wildfire conditions into Friday evening.
To learn more about counties under burn bans, wildfire danger and prescribed burns scheduled, click here.