Most Active Stories
- Documentary On Glen Campbell To Get Advance Screening In LR
- Watch Now: Candidates For Statewide Office Appear in Hot Springs
- Arkansas Legislature Easily Passes School Employee Health Insurance, Prison, & Lottery Changes
- As Ballot Deadline Nears, Medical Marijuana Comes Up Short, Minimum Wage Says They're Ready
- All Four Gubernatorial Candidates Debate in Hot Springs
Local & Regional News
Fri November 1, 2013
Woman Survives Night In Barbed Wire After Crash
A woman from southwestern Arkansas survived a night tangled in barbed wire after her car went off a road in Little River County and hit a tree.
Authorities say 75-year-old Nina Hinton was taken to a hospital for non-life threatening injuries Thursday after two people who live nearby heard her calls for help. She had been trapped for about 12 hours.
Hinton left a church service Wednesday night and became disoriented in the darkness, which Little River County sheriff's Sgt. Tim Brown said led to the accident.
Hinton drove down an embankment and her car wasn't visible from the road. The Texarkana Gazette reports Hinton walked up a muddy embankment, slipped and landed on the barbed wire. She also hurt her shoulder and couldn't get up.