Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
Local & Regional News
Fri November 1, 2013
Woman Survives Night In Barbed Wire After Crash
A woman from southwestern Arkansas survived a night tangled in barbed wire after her car went off a road in Little River County and hit a tree.
Authorities say 75-year-old Nina Hinton was taken to a hospital for non-life threatening injuries Thursday after two people who live nearby heard her calls for help. She had been trapped for about 12 hours.
Hinton left a church service Wednesday night and became disoriented in the darkness, which Little River County sheriff's Sgt. Tim Brown said led to the accident.
Hinton drove down an embankment and her car wasn't visible from the road. The Texarkana Gazette reports Hinton walked up a muddy embankment, slipped and landed on the barbed wire. She also hurt her shoulder and couldn't get up.