Most Active Stories
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Old State House To Screen "A Face in the Crowd" - 1957 Movie Shot in Piggott, Ark.
- Defense To Begin Presenting Its Side In Martha Shoffner Trial
Local & Regional News
Fri November 1, 2013
Woman Survives Night In Barbed Wire After Crash
A woman from southwestern Arkansas survived a night tangled in barbed wire after her car went off a road in Little River County and hit a tree.
Authorities say 75-year-old Nina Hinton was taken to a hospital for non-life threatening injuries Thursday after two people who live nearby heard her calls for help. She had been trapped for about 12 hours.
Hinton left a church service Wednesday night and became disoriented in the darkness, which Little River County sheriff's Sgt. Tim Brown said led to the accident.
Hinton drove down an embankment and her car wasn't visible from the road. The Texarkana Gazette reports Hinton walked up a muddy embankment, slipped and landed on the barbed wire. She also hurt her shoulder and couldn't get up.