Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Thu July 18, 2013
Worker Dies After Fire at Springdale Plant
Officials say one worker is dead after a fire at a northwest Arkansas recycling plant.
The fire broke out Wednesday afternoon at Advanced Environmental Recycling Technologies' plant in Springdale. The company says three workers suffered burns in the fire and all were taken to area hospitals.
The company said Thursday that one of the workers died at a hospital in Springfield, Mo. AERT President Tim Morrison says the company is providing support to families and employees during "this very difficult time."
Firefighters tell Fayetteville television station KHOG that the fire started in a mixing vat.
The company says the facility is still offline and the incident remains under investigation.