Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Local & Regional News
Thu July 18, 2013
Worker Dies After Fire at Springdale Plant
Officials say one worker is dead after a fire at a northwest Arkansas recycling plant.
The fire broke out Wednesday afternoon at Advanced Environmental Recycling Technologies' plant in Springdale. The company says three workers suffered burns in the fire and all were taken to area hospitals.
The company said Thursday that one of the workers died at a hospital in Springfield, Mo. AERT President Tim Morrison says the company is providing support to families and employees during "this very difficult time."
Firefighters tell Fayetteville television station KHOG that the fire started in a mixing vat.
The company says the facility is still offline and the incident remains under investigation.