Most Active Stories
- Documentary On Glen Campbell To Get Advance Screening In LR
- Arkansas Legislature Easily Passes School Employee Health Insurance, Prison, & Lottery Changes
- As Ballot Deadline Nears, Medical Marijuana Comes Up Short, Minimum Wage Says They're Ready
- KUAR Airs Special July 4 Weekend Programming
- Ceremony To Begin Renovations To Little Rock's Robinson Center Music Hall
Local & Regional News
Fri January 24, 2014
Worker Killed When Tank Explodes In Johnson County
The Johnson County Sheriff's Office says one person was killed in an explosion Friday morning at a trucking company in Knoxville.
The sheriff's office says workers were using a propane torch to thaw out a tank when the tank exploded.
Authorities say 33-year-old Daniel Rice died when he was struck by a metal hatch plate that was blown off the back of the tank. No one else was injured.
The sheriff's office says the tankers are designed to haul wastewater from drilling sites.
Authorities say it appears methane gas built up in the tank, causing the explosion.