Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Fri January 24, 2014
Worker Killed When Tank Explodes In Johnson County
The Johnson County Sheriff's Office says one person was killed in an explosion Friday morning at a trucking company in Knoxville.
The sheriff's office says workers were using a propane torch to thaw out a tank when the tank exploded.
Authorities say 33-year-old Daniel Rice died when he was struck by a metal hatch plate that was blown off the back of the tank. No one else was injured.
The sheriff's office says the tankers are designed to haul wastewater from drilling sites.
Authorities say it appears methane gas built up in the tank, causing the explosion.